Happy New Year!
Thank you to Denise Devine for a copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.
Charlotte LeDoux is struggling to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. Her late husband, Gus, has left her a lot to deal with–his sprawling business empire, his enemies and an ex-mistress who desperately needs a friend. It’s tough for a woman to compete in a man’s world and even though it’s a never-ending uphill battle, she is determined to succeed.
Char gets a new Model T and is excited when William Van Elsberg offers to give her a driving lesson. She’s attracted to the handsome private detective, who, in many ways, is the polar opposite of Gus. Will takes her out for a spin in the car and instructs her how to drive, but at the same time, teaches her how to love again. She’s never been so happy!
Meanwhile, Gus’ enemies are circling like vultures. An anonymous note threatening Char’s life forces Will to become her personal bodyguard. He’s highly qualified, but Char’s stubborn belief in her own independence makes it the most difficult job he’s ever taken. Can he keep her safe or will he lose her in the most dangerous fight of her life?
- I loved that I was beyond excited to read the second book in the Moonshine Madness Series and it didn’t disappoint. Once again, I was immediately swept up into the glamour of the Roaring Twenties and an action packed love story.
- I loved that, even though this is Book 2, it could also be read as a stand-alone. Details from Book 1 were expertly woven in at just the right moments to ensure that anyone who hadn’t read the first installment would be eager to do so.
- I loved joining the rollercoaster ride of Charlotte’s life. Her fierce determination to succeed in legitimate business ventures is impeded by continuously finding one foot heavily entrenched in her late husband’s bootlegging world.
- I loved seeing Charlotte in her roles as new mother, guardian for her teenage sister, and potential friend to her late husband’s mistress. Each role added a new layer to an already three-dimensional character.
- I loved the highs and lows of Charlotte’s developing relationship with her bodyguard. Would he be willing to commit to her and her complicated life always fearing for her safety?
- I loved that, once again, this book read like a movie I’d like to watch. This thoroughly entertaining story has it all: a heroine who continues to evolve as she learns exactly what she’s capable of and a romance hanging in the balance as she weighs one dangerous decision after another.
- I love knowing that the next book in this series is forthcoming. I look forward to following Charlotte as she continues on her journey.
Book 2 in the Moonshine Madness Series is not to be missed. Whether meeting Charlotte LeDoux for the first time or picking up where she left off, readers will be swept up into the glamour of the Roaring Twenties and the rollercoaster ride that is Charlotte’s life. She leaps off the page with a fierce determination to succeed in legitimate business ventures while impeded by the one foot she continues to find heavily entrenched in her late husband’s bootlegging world. The highs and lows of Charlotte’s developing relationship with her bodyguard will keep readers guessing as to whether he will commit to her and her complicated life despite the constant fear for her safety.
This thoroughly entertaining story has it all: a heroine who continues to evolve as she learns exactly what she’s capable of and a romance hanging in the balance as she weighs one dangerous decision after another. The characters and setting are so well developed that the book reads like a movie playing out on the screen. As the story comes to an end, readers can delight in the fact that the next book in this series is forthcoming and look forward to following Charlotte as she continues on her journey.
Denise Devine, USA Today Bestselling Author