It’s that time of year when many of us would like to be spending our weekends hopping from one holiday party to the next. Don’t allow the pandemic to cancel the fun. Happily Ever After Stories is hosting a virtual holiday party for sweet romance readers and authors tomorrow night. Join the fun and be sure to enter for a chance to win a prize.
Thank you to Amber Daulton for a free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. This is the second book of Amber’s that I’ve had the pleasur e to read.
Out-of-work violinist Erica Timberly decides enough is enough. She leaves her abusive boyfriend and flees the big city, but then her car breaks down in the middle of the night. Though wary of men, she accepts help from Dylan Haynes, a stranger driving by on the road, and soon recognizes him as the sexy former drummer of her favorite indie rock band. Maybe, just maybe, her run of bad luck is finally turning around.
Music teacher Dylan Haynes knows Erica is in trouble, and her black eye is only the first clue. The stubborn yet vulnerable woman needs a friend, but he’s determined to give her everything she deserves.
Will Erica listen to the music in her heart and trust Dylan, or will her past always threaten her future?
- I loved that this is part of a series. I had gotten to know Dylan and Erica briefly in “Harmony’s Embrace” and was excited to see how they came together. This is another entertaining story from the Deerbourne Inn series.
- I loved the summertime Vermont setting. As the temperatures dropped in my neighborhood, I stepped into July sunshine. The close knit, small town added additional warmth.
- I loved the backstory about Dylan being a once semi-famous rock star. There was just enough prior success to pique interest while also making his career change and new life believable.
- I loved that Erica’s strength leapt off the pages. She forced herself to remain resolute in her choice to leave an abusive situation despite the trauma and fear that continued to haunt her.
- I loved that I genuinely wanted to see Dylan and Erica find happiness at my first introduction to them. I need to care about the characters’ futures in order to finish a book. For that to happen, I need to forget that they are characters and begin to believe they are real people. The author accomplished this beautifully.
This is the perfect read for anyone who loves a small-town romance. Dylan’s backstory will pique readers’ interest as they learn why he left his band to return to his Vermont hometown and a new career as a music teacher. Erica’s strength leaps off the pages as she forces herself to remain resolute in her choice to leave an abusive situation despite the trauma and fear that continue to haunt her. Readers will root for her to allow Dylan and the warm welcome from his family and close-knit community to rebuild her trust in people. Dylan and Erica are three dimensional characters brought to life beautifully by the author. Be prepared to become invested in their journey to happiness, love, and a new path in life.
Amazon – https://amzn.to/2ChIhNT
Barnes and Noble – https://bit.ly/2ChIhgR
iBooks – https://apple.co/2M3T9mW
Kobo – https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/lyrical-embrace
Google Play – https://bit.ly/2DqXlsV
Scribd – https://www.scribd.com/book/398892365/Lyrical-Embrace
Universal link – http://books2read.com/u/m0MYaVAudio/Audible – https://adbl.co/36q03LL
Social Media Links
Website – https://amberdaulton.wordpress.com/
Facebook Author Page – https://www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AmberDaulton1
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/amberdaultonauthor1/
Newsletter – https://emailoctopus.com/lists/9d60a166-f2ea-11ea-a3d0-06b4694bee2a/forms/subscribe
Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press, Books to Go Now, and Daulton Publishing, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats.
I’m excited to share a link to my guest post, “Thankful”, on Viviana Mackade’s website.
Follow the link below for the post, but stick around for some excellent book reviews, author interviews, and Viviana MacKade’s Crescent Creek Series.
Many thanks to Viviana for including me!
Thank you to Bobbi Groover for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.
Brayden Wakefield is quickly losing faith that hostilities between the states will end peaceably. He and his neighbors, Fletcher Stedman and Royce Carlyle, seems to be in the minority in their belief that a war would not end in a few months. They know any clash would be long and brutal. But their loyalty to one another supplants their reluctance, and they are drawn into the politics and atrocities of war to save their kidnapped comrade, Caleb Jenkins.
Nothing is as it seems, however. The gentlemen, turned raiders, squirrel behind enemy lines. Brayden uncovers lies and intrigue on both sides but as he and his fellow raiders execute their audacious plan, as they torch the layers of the conspiracy, Brayden finds love hidden among the ashes.
- I loved that each character was fully developed. Each personality shined through with well written dialogue.
- I loved that Brayden came from a place of hurt and regret and channeled those emotions into writing. Snippets from his journal allowed me to gain a truer sense of who he was.
- I loved that the heroine was in disguise for a large part of the book. I read in anticipation waiting for one character after another to learn her true identity.
- I loved that Kawley’s backstory wasn’t fully revealed immediately. This kept me wanting to learn more about her as the story progressed.
- I loved that the action scenes were fast paced and brought each event to life.
- I loved that unexpected secrets were revealed at varying intervals. The twists and turns held my attention.
- I loved Kawley’s bravery. The idea of not wanting to become too dependent on someone else would resonate with many readers.
This read as a true saga. Every character was fully developed and will leave readers feeling like they know each personality inside and out. Brayden will break your heart with his hurt and regrettable loss. Kawley will have readers cheering her on as she tackles every obstacle and overcomes past trauma. Disguises are worn. Secrets are held. Friendships are made. At any given moment, anything can happen. This is a well told story of remorse, determination, surprises, friendship, and love.
- Nook Press-https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/inside-the-grey-bobbi-groover/1138246151?ean=2940162850854
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I was raised on the East coast, enjoying many years wandering the fields and freedoms of a beautiful working farm. Been writing stories of all kinds as long as I can remember. Inside the Grey is my third romance with many of the favorite characters from Season of The Shadow and The Inn at Little Bend. I also have a ‘coming of age’ juvenile adventure, Fun In The Yellow Pages.
- Website: www.Bobbiscorner.com
- Facebook: Bobbi’s Corner https://www.facebook.com/Bobbis-Corner-1619350924975873
I’m excited to share a link to my guest post, “Social Media and the Introverted Author”, on Amber Daulton’s website.
Follow the link below for the post, but stick around to check out her books. You may have caught my recent review for Harmony’s Embrace. I’m looking forward to following up with some of her other titles. Amber’s site also includes book reviews that may point you in the direction of your next read.
Many thanks to Amber for including me!