Thank you to Bobbi Groover for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.
Brayden Wakefield is quickly losing faith that hostilities between the states will end peaceably. He and his neighbors, Fletcher Stedman and Royce Carlyle, seems to be in the minority in their belief that a war would not end in a few months. They know any clash would be long and brutal. But their loyalty to one another supplants their reluctance, and they are drawn into the politics and atrocities of war to save their kidnapped comrade, Caleb Jenkins.
Nothing is as it seems, however. The gentlemen, turned raiders, squirrel behind enemy lines. Brayden uncovers lies and intrigue on both sides but as he and his fellow raiders execute their audacious plan, as they torch the layers of the conspiracy, Brayden finds love hidden among the ashes.
- I loved that each character was fully developed. Each personality shined through with well written dialogue.
- I loved that Brayden came from a place of hurt and regret and channeled those emotions into writing. Snippets from his journal allowed me to gain a truer sense of who he was.
- I loved that the heroine was in disguise for a large part of the book. I read in anticipation waiting for one character after another to learn her true identity.
- I loved that Kawley’s backstory wasn’t fully revealed immediately. This kept me wanting to learn more about her as the story progressed.
- I loved that the action scenes were fast paced and brought each event to life.
- I loved that unexpected secrets were revealed at varying intervals. The twists and turns held my attention.
- I loved Kawley’s bravery. The idea of not wanting to become too dependent on someone else would resonate with many readers.
This read as a true saga. Every character was fully developed and will leave readers feeling like they know each personality inside and out. Brayden will break your heart with his hurt and regrettable loss. Kawley will have readers cheering her on as she tackles every obstacle and overcomes past trauma. Disguises are worn. Secrets are held. Friendships are made. At any given moment, anything can happen. This is a well told story of remorse, determination, surprises, friendship, and love.
- Nook Press-https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/inside-the-grey-bobbi-groover/1138246151?ean=2940162850854
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I was raised on the East coast, enjoying many years wandering the fields and freedoms of a beautiful working farm. Been writing stories of all kinds as long as I can remember. Inside the Grey is my third romance with many of the favorite characters from Season of The Shadow and The Inn at Little Bend. I also have a ‘coming of age’ juvenile adventure, Fun In The Yellow Pages.
- Website: www.Bobbiscorner.com
- Facebook: Bobbi’s Corner https://www.facebook.com/Bobbis-Corner-1619350924975873