Thank you to Amber Daulton for an ARC copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review.
Divorced dad Birley Haynes is raising two children and running his family’s music academy. This leaves little time for romance until his high school sweetheart, Harmony Holdich, returns home to Willow Springs, Vermont for Christmas.
After the death of her unfaithful husband, Harmony plans to move across the
country for a fresh start once the holidays are over. Birley presents an unexpected complication to those plans.
As Birley tries to convince her to stay, an outside threat jeopardizes the safety of
his family and business.
- I loved that this story grabbed my attention immediately. Generally, if this doesn’t happen, I have difficulty finishing a book. Harmony’s Embrace held my full attention from the first page until the last.
- I loved the instant familiarity between Birley and Harmony. Their prior history as high school sweethearts woven throughout left me with a sense that I knew them as teenagers as well as adults. Seeing their growth over the years gave me all the more reason to root for them as a couple.
- I loved that the setting was a small Vermont town during the Christmas season. It’s a perfect read for this time of year.
- I loved that, although this is a romance novel, there was also a focus on family. Birley’s roles as father, brother, and son brought him to life on the page. Readers will become invested in wanting to see Harmony fully immerse herself in his world.
- I loved the element of danger infused throughout the story. It provided an extra dose of excitement and kept the pages turning.
- I love that this book is part of a multi-author Deerbourne Inn series. It can be read as a stand-alone, but leaves the reader wanting to delve into the lives of other characters as well.
- I love that the end of the book gifted me with a few deliciously appealing recipes.
This story will grab your attention immediately and hold it from the first page until the last. The familiarity between Birley and Harmony, stemming from their high school sweetheart history, will have you rooting for them from their first meeting on the page. The reader grows to know them as teenagers and adults, thereby gaining a true sense of their growth over the years. The element of danger infused throughout the story provides an additional dose of excitement as the pages keep turning. There’s nothing like setting a romance novel in a small Vermont town during the holiday season to evoke a festive spirit. This is a fantastic book to kick off your holiday reading list!
Available for pre-order now
Amazon – https://www.amazon.com/Harmonys-Embrace-Deerbourne-Amber-Daulton-ebook/dp/B08L73TB9C/
Universal link – https://books2read.com/u/bPX6kR
About the Author
Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press, Books to Go Now, and Daulton Publishing, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats.
Social Media Links
Website – https://amberdaulton.wordpress.com/
Facebook Author Page – https://www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AmberDaulton1
Pinterest – https://pinterest.com/amberdaulton5/
Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6624921.Amber_Daulton