Thank you to Amber Daulton for a free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. This is the second book of Amber’s that I’ve had the pleasur e to read.
Out-of-work violinist Erica Timberly decides enough is enough. She leaves her abusive boyfriend and flees the big city, but then her car breaks down in the middle of the night. Though wary of men, she accepts help from Dylan Haynes, a stranger driving by on the road, and soon recognizes him as the sexy former drummer of her favorite indie rock band. Maybe, just maybe, her run of bad luck is finally turning around.
Music teacher Dylan Haynes knows Erica is in trouble, and her black eye is only the first clue. The stubborn yet vulnerable woman needs a friend, but he’s determined to give her everything she deserves.
Will Erica listen to the music in her heart and trust Dylan, or will her past always threaten her future?
- I loved that this is part of a series. I had gotten to know Dylan and Erica briefly in “Harmony’s Embrace” and was excited to see how they came together. This is another entertaining story from the Deerbourne Inn series.
- I loved the summertime Vermont setting. As the temperatures dropped in my neighborhood, I stepped into July sunshine. The close knit, small town added additional warmth.
- I loved the backstory about Dylan being a once semi-famous rock star. There was just enough prior success to pique interest while also making his career change and new life believable.
- I loved that Erica’s strength leapt off the pages. She forced herself to remain resolute in her choice to leave an abusive situation despite the trauma and fear that continued to haunt her.
- I loved that I genuinely wanted to see Dylan and Erica find happiness at my first introduction to them. I need to care about the characters’ futures in order to finish a book. For that to happen, I need to forget that they are characters and begin to believe they are real people. The author accomplished this beautifully.
This is the perfect read for anyone who loves a small-town romance. Dylan’s backstory will pique readers’ interest as they learn why he left his band to return to his Vermont hometown and a new career as a music teacher. Erica’s strength leaps off the pages as she forces herself to remain resolute in her choice to leave an abusive situation despite the trauma and fear that continue to haunt her. Readers will root for her to allow Dylan and the warm welcome from his family and close-knit community to rebuild her trust in people. Dylan and Erica are three dimensional characters brought to life beautifully by the author. Be prepared to become invested in their journey to happiness, love, and a new path in life.
Amazon – https://amzn.to/2ChIhNT
Barnes and Noble – https://bit.ly/2ChIhgR
iBooks – https://apple.co/2M3T9mW
Kobo – https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/lyrical-embrace
Google Play – https://bit.ly/2DqXlsV
Scribd – https://www.scribd.com/book/398892365/Lyrical-Embrace
Universal link – http://books2read.com/u/m0MYaVAudio/Audible – https://adbl.co/36q03LL
Social Media Links
Website – https://amberdaulton.wordpress.com/
Facebook Author Page – https://www.facebook.com/amber.daulton.author
Twitter – https://twitter.com/AmberDaulton1
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/amberdaultonauthor1/
Newsletter – https://emailoctopus.com/lists/9d60a166-f2ea-11ea-a3d0-06b4694bee2a/forms/subscribe
Amber Daulton is the author of the romantic-suspense series Arresting Onyx and several standalone novellas. Her books are published through The Wild Rose Press, Books to Go Now, and Daulton Publishing, and are available in ebook, print on demand, audio, and foreign language formats. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and demanding cats.
One thought on “Lyrical Embrace – Amber Daulton”
Thank you so much, Jill. I’m happy you enjoyed the book.
LikeLiked by 2 people